Reverse Engineering 2: Windows GUI Programs, Reverse engineer Windows Graphical User Interface programs with xdbg.
In the first course in this series entitled Reverse Engineering 1: x64dbg Debugger for Beginners, you learnt how to reverse engineer a command line program and learnt how to debug and step over and patch and much more. Now, in this 2nd course, you will continue learning. This time we will be learning how to reverse engineer graphical user interface programs. As usual, we will work with crackme’s that I have written for you to practice reversing.
What you will learn:
- How to disassemble programs into assembly code
- Dynamic Analysis
- Setting breakpoints and stepping through code
- Modify program behaviour
- Patching programs
- Intermodular Call Method
- Call Stack Method
- Hardware Breakpoints
- Memory Patching
- Patching EAX register values
- Understanding Trial Period software
- Understanding Software Registration process
Thank you and see you inside.