PowerBI Zero to Hero, A practical guide to building Dashboards with Power BI.
Hello & Welcome to this Microsoft Power BI course. If you’re trying to quickly master the most suitable tool for connecting, transforming, visualising, and analysing your Data, you are in the right place. We will take you from zero to hero, through our practical learning approach, and will quickly get you up running & building analytical solutions for your organisation.
My name is Abdelkarim M. MAHMOUD, and I am a Power BI certified Consultant. I have spent the last years empowering different type of organizations by helping them gain performance and competitivity through their Data. I had the chance and the pleasure to train dozens of teams from simple Power BI users to Chief Data Officers. I am here today to put all my expertise at your disposal in a simple and practical way.
This in-depth training strikes the perfect balance between theory and practice, several PowerBI use cases are covered to allow you to get the most value from your data. Here’s what we’re gonna dive into :
Introduction – What is Power BI ?
- More reasons to use Power BI ESPECIALLY if you use excel
- Resources & Course Structure
- Quick tour & Interface overview
Chapter 1 – Extract, Load, and Transform Data in Power Query
- Power Query, Connecting to a Database and Data Types
- Removing & Ordering Columns
- Conditional Columns
- Connecting to a folder as a Data Source
- Combining Data
- Dealing with less structured data
- Fixing Errors
Chapter 2 – Data Modeling ?
- Tables and Relationships
- BEST PRACTICE : Dimensional Modeling & Star Schemas
- BEST PRACTICE : Optimising The model for Development Time
Chapter 3 – DAX for Data Analysis Expressions
- DAX, the “POWER” in POWER BI
- Using Measures to create Calculations and KPIs
- Comparing this year’s Value to last year’s value
- Year over Year Varience, and Waterfall Charts
- Year to Date with DAX
Chapter 4 – Data Vizualisation
- Why Data Visualisation Really Matters
- Pie Chart and Treemap
- Filtering and TopN
- Dual-Axis (Combo) Chart
- Advances Visual Analytics Pane – Trends, Targets, Forecasts and more
- Artificial Intelligence: Decomposition Tree, Q&A and Key Influencers
- MAPS and Dynamic Coloring !
- Fancy Tables
Chapter 5 – Power BI Service
- Sharing and Collaboration in Power BI
- How to Publish a report to the Power BI service
- Deep Dive into the Power BI service